Saturday 27 May 2017

Guest Designer


Recently I was lucky enough to win the challenge at Addicted to CAS and with this win came an invitation to be a Guest Designer for one of their challenges...and this is it!

The theme for this challenge is Graduation.

Over the years, it took me a while to establish my preferred style of cardmaking, but for me there is nothing better than clean and simple lines.
For this card I used an image from Hero Arts which I coloured with watercolour pencils and a water brush, and then added a layer of clear embossing powder once I had cut it out.
The sentiment is a die also from Hero Arts, mounted on a pierced fishtail pennant die from MFT, shortened slightly to fit my card base dimensions.
I decided to add a little interest to the bottom of the card by adding a piece of card embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder (Charles) and trimmed with the pierced edge from one of the longer MFT pennants.
I add double side tape to the back of card before cutting sentiment dies, as it makes adhering them to my projects so much easier. However, as this pennant is popped up on dimensional pads and part of the letter 'g' hangs below the pennant, I added a little talc to this exposed part once I had attached it, so that there is no risk of it sticking to the card base itself.

My daughter has just gained a Master's Degree to add to her First Class Degree which she obtained at University some years ago. This time she was simultaneously working full time as Head of People at OVO Energy and being a single mum to two lively children. No mean achievement indeed and we couldn't be more proud of her.
It's also for the Embossing challenge at AAA Cards

I used clear embossing to add shine to the mortar board image.

17 comments:

  1. How elegant that is - very well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card....congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie,
    Congrats again on your win and thank you so much for being our Guest Designer for this challenge! Your card is very striking and I love how you layered the elements in your classic CAS style! Your embossed background adds texture and dimension, and makes everything pop on this card!

    Also, a big congrats to your lovely daughter on her Master's Degree! I hope this achievement yields many opportunities for her...she certainly deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie! Thanks for being our guest designer. I love that you used the embossing to ground and add dimension to your focal point. CAS Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad to have you designing with us this week, Chrissie. Your black and white card is so striking and I love the added texture of the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS perfection Chrissie! Thanks for sharing this elegant and tasteful card at AAA Cards. And huge congratulations to your daughter too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see on the blog again. Terrific CAS card...and your daughter is not only smart but beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous grad card! so good to have you as a guest at ATCAS and thanks for linking it up to AAA Cards as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing Addicted to CAS card Chrissie- I love that texture and white. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at ADTCAS. x Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great card Chrissie love the texture and the whole design. Great to have you guestdesigning over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous CAS design Chrissie... I love the strip of embossing to add a subtle backdrop :)
    Well Done to your daughter too, glad to hear all her hardwork paid off :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Chrissie, and congrats to your daughter, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is a perfect take on the codeword! And it´s fabulous :) Thank you for being our guest designer.

    Ellenor

    ReplyDelete
  15. very elegant card.. Glad you could join as GD at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. With all our goings-on, I am way behind and missed this stunning card, Chrissie. I just saw it over on AAA cards as the winner and deservedly so! Congratulations!! It's an exceptional graduation card, which makes it perfect for your exceptional daughter! Congratulations to her on all her achievements!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie