Wednesday 3 May 2017

Back to crafting

It seems s though I have been out of the crafting loop for quite some time. Since stepping back from Less is More for a while, my time seemed consumed with family commitments and holiday preparations. We are now home for a few weeks and I hope to get a little card making under my belt. I only hope that the mojo returns!
Here is a card for the challenge at CAS Mix Up
The stamp from Penny Black was coloured with Stampin' Up pens and the image then splattered with Pumice Stone Distress Ink applied with a toothbrush (whilst still in the Cutplorations wonky stitched die) . I then added some Sunlight Mist Cosmic Shimmer, flicked from a paintbrush. In fact the spray has stopped working and despite my best efforts seems unwilling to become operational again, so this method of usage seems like a good idea!
My choice of technique is the die-cutting, which is one of my favourite things to use.
Sadly I can't find the origin of the sentiment die.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The "Get Well Soon" die looks like Crafter's Companion Die'sire (http://www.craftasmic.co.uk/diesire-dies-essentials-only-words-get-well-soon/p3987) Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers, Chrissie! The splatters add a lot of visual texture. Love the die-cut sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to see you creating again, Chrissie! I hope we see lots more in the coming weeks! I'm glad you've been able to spend time with family! That's the best of times! I love your tulips and the splatters are perfect to keep the look CAS! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yes, Chrissie, your mojo has returned! I Love your pretty colored flowers and your splattering, which added so much dimension and interest to your image. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up...have missed your posts, so pleased you have time to create again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Christie. I've missed seeing you around ... it is great to be busy with family and holidays!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you back, Chrissie. If this lovely card is any indication, I think the mojo is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your subtle gray splatter over your beautiful tulips Chrissie - and the white die cut sentiment words are lovely on this! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Chrissie! Love that sentiment die...I too have several that I don't know who made them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Chrissi. Love the grey splatter against the salmon tulips.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie