Monday 26 October 2009

Creative Card Crew & Cards & Things


A card for two challenges. Cards & Things is an inspiration challenge, from which I took the colours for the card. Creative Card Crew's challenge is for a card for babies or children.
The lovely image from Diaper Crew is by Mo's Digital Pencil, coloured with Copics and mounted on a Nestie square. The filigree background was made with a Papermania punch. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up mounted once more on Nesties.
It's sadly ironic that I began making this card yesterday as last night my daughter had a miscarriage. Common sense tells us that it was probably nature's way of being for the best in the long run, but common sense doesn't help the feeling of sadness and loss at such a time. We're going to see her in the middle of the week, so that will be something for us to look forward to.
PS
Following the couple of questions about the background I thought it might help if you looked at the blog of a fabby crafter Ann, who has done a tutorial about this kind of punched border. I did this ages ago when I first got the punch, but I got the idea from her. You can see her tutorial here. It's a bit fiddly, but when it works it does look good doesn't it!

9 comments:

  1. Chrissie

    I am so incredibly sorry to hear of Libby's miscarriage, I'm glad you can go and be with her, she will need her mum so much. Your common sense is probably right, but you're absolutely right that it does nothing to take away the hurt or sadness.

    Sending you and Libby and her hubby so much love and a gentle hug

    Victoria
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. on a sep note, didn't want to mix the two, your card is beautiful and I feel I need to ask you for instructions on how to create that beautiful background
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear of your loss and I hope your daughter is physically well and I agree with Victoria in that she will very much be looking forward to your visit in a couple of days.

    (Also agreeing with Victoria, Id love to know more about that beautiful punched background.)

    Keryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with the challenge Chrissie ! I love your card, it's so cute ! Thanks for playing along !

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry to hear your sad news. your card is just adorable and that punched section amazing!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw lovey what sad news...give her a cyber hug from me......your card is beautiful love & hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your daughter.

    Such a beautiful card. I just had to click on it to have a closer look at the amazing background.

    Hugs to you and yours
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Chrissie, so sorry to hear about your daughter hun. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card, and I love that filigree work :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie