Sunday 4 July 2021

Sending Prayers

 


This is another card for the challenge at CAS Mix Up

After I had coloured the vellum by dropping on various colours, plus a little Ranger mixative, I allowed it to dry before die cutting. I couldn't decide whether the butterflies would look best with the vellum as the filigree layer or the under layer, in the end I decided to use both versions on the same card. My friend, who is a priest, said that sadly she needed some bereavement cards. I thought that this sentiment would be fine for either illness or bereavement.
The background panel is dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and the butterflies are from Simon Says Stamp.
Today I have been working on some 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration invitations and I've developed a real crick in my neck, I could do with a massage!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you used both methods for your gorgeous butterflies...adds to the loveliness of your card. As does the embossing and delicate embossing of your layers. This card would be ideal for many different occasions including bereavement. Hope your neck feels better soon. Thanks so much for adding your card to the CAS Mix Up gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous die cut butterflies using your alcohol ink on vellum background, Chrissie. Such a thoughtful gift for your friend for her bereavement cards. Love your dry embossed background too. So pleased you joined us again at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I LOVE the shades of purple and blue used for your butterflies. I love the idea of you using the opposite layers on your butterflies. Gorgeous textured background. It's lovely that you donate to your friend. Hope the crick smoothes itself out soon! And thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie