Friday 2 July 2021

With Love


I just love how I really am challenged to either try new, or revisit old techniques for the challenges at CAS Mix UP!


My fingers now are a rather unpleasant shade of algae! A mix of the blues and greens I used for this card. In fact this is not my first attempt at this challenge today, there were quite a few abortive tries with a few ideas, none of which was particularly successful. The bin has had a generous donation or two! Anyway there's not a lot to show for the technique here but I dropped some small amounts of  alcohol inks and  some surgical spirit (rubbing alcohol) onto some vellum and just swished it around a little until it dried, which took just a moment or two. From this paper I cut the bases of the butterflies, plus some in plain white card. I also cut out the filigree sections from the white card and stacked the three together with the vellum in the middle.
I cut two pennants, shortening one slightly and stamping the sentiment on the other. It really is simplicity itself, but I kinda like it that way!
The butterfly dies are from Memory Box, they're part of a set of three.


 

7 comments:

  1. I'd say this is elegant simplicity, Chrissie! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautifully CAS Chrissie,and I love the AI colours used on this pretty butterfly, and the fishtail banners for the sentiment finish it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love tha deep green. Lovely counterpoint to all that pure white with just enough sparkle. Your treatment of the sentiment is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. Thanks for jlining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just enough AI on vellum to be utterly enchanting! Love the simple card design to showcase some of the most adorable little butterflies ever. Your card is loaded with inspiration. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up, Chrissie. I'm so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simplicity at its best, Chrissie. Love your CAS design and pretty die cut vellum with alcohol ink sweet butterflies and die cut flags with the tiny sentiment. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful simple design Chrissie. What I love about truly CAS cards is that the focus is on one thing ... your beautiful vellum and alcohol ink butterflies. Great work, great design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie