Friday 18 June 2021

Wonderful Memories


A commission recently required a condolence card with specific wording, for a gentleman friend of the sender who had passed away. When a life has been long and full, it is wonderful when good memories remain and that is the message this card needed to convey, so the words were all important, which is why I wanted to make them central to the design.
I positioned the words in a very technical way... I set my screen in Word to 118% which makes the visible page on the screen of my laptop the exact same size as a piece of A4. (On my last laptop it was 105%.) I then cut the aperture using the die with a piece of copy paper, which I could then hold in front of the screen, and using text boxes, could arrange the words where I wanted them to fit in the aperture. Once printed, it was easy to put the sentiment behind the aperture and add a simple die cut soaring sea bird to complete the simple design.

Watercooler Wednesday Occasions (Sorry this is a sad one)





Paper Minutes #696 - Keep it simple

 

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for explaining your message savvy. Could you tell me what company the bird die is from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t really recall its origin but Frantic Stamper have some very similar!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card Chrissie, even more so because of the sentiment, I'm sure the recipient will cherish it. The pretty circle die and the seagull are perfect, thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So serene! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie