Friday 4 June 2021

Joy


I think that Christmas cards are my very favourite to make, so here's another, this time inspired by the challenge at ABC Christmas where I have chosen M for Mistletoe.
The foliage die is stacked three times with the top layer coloured with some Rustic Wilderness Distress  Oxide ink, applied with a blending brush. I purposely tried to get an uneven coverage of ink so as to give a more natural appearance. I embossed the inner part of the frame with a retired  Snow EF from Sheena Douglass and added an extra layer to the frame to add definition! The berries are flat backed adhesive pearls. The stem part is stuck to the backdrop but the leaves overhanging the frame are popped onto dimensional pads.
Green

19 comments:

  1. The beauty of this card is its simplicity. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do the word 'joy'? Please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from a die which I've had for a very long time, I don't remember the make sadly.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card. The leaf die? Do you know the brand? Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The die is by Alexandra Renke but is sadly not available at the moment

      Delete
  4. Hi Chrissie, I love the narrow frames you have used on a couple of your cards I’ve seen. Do you have a special trick for making them. Using stacking thinlet mine turn out rather chunky 🙈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This frame is a die by Alexandra Renke, but I have some dies by Presscut which are really skinny and with tiny size increases between each of them so you can get thin frames.

      Delete
    2. This frame is a die by Alexandra Renke, but I have some dies by Presscut which are really skinny and with tiny size increases between each of them so you can get thin frames.

      Delete
    3. This frame is a die by Alexandra Renke, but I have some dies by Presscut which are really skinny and with tiny size increases between each of them so you can get thin frames.

      Delete
  5. Your card is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly CAS perfection...so love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - love the embossed background!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to know how you did the joy on the front! I love your card! It is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The word 'joy' is simply a die cut, cut from some of the same card as the card base and adhered beneath the image.
      Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  9. It's a beautiful card Chrissie.. I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about iit. I really also like the cardstock with its texture. Can you please tell me what cardstock you used?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie