Saturday 12 June 2021

Merci


Here is another card playing around with my new dies from Simply Graphic. Somehow this didn't workout quite as effectively as I had hoped. I found the juxtaposition of the leaves quite tricky to arrange. I would lay out the pieces until I found an arrangement I liked but by the time I had picked up the pieces to add the adhesives, I couldn't seem to find exactly where I had previously put the leaves.
I made this with two challenges in mind.
Just Us Girls - No Stamping and the sketch from CAS Colours and Sketches 



I found the no stamping bit rather tricky when it came to colouring the leaves. I wanted to add some dots to add interest, for which I would normally use a splatter stamp, so to get around this, I cut a stencil with Sizzix snowstorm die and added the contrast colours through that. They looked a little stark, so as they were distress inks, I spritzed them with water and the colour improved.
For the front panel, firstly I embossed a piece of card with a Cuttlebug folder and then cut it into two, leaving a gap between the pieces.
The dies are from Simply Graphic.

11 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful card with lovely design elements!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of the design. Just a tip - I take a photo of my layout once I have it 'perfect' before lifting the bits to adhere. Problem solved!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why I haven't done this...too easy I guess... thanks so much for the tip, different pics would be good for comparison too... just to make sure the layout is perfect!
      Chrissie xx

      Delete
  3. I love the beautiful contrast of the white and green and think the leaves are arranged perfectly! I sometimes take a photo too:) Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Beautiful! The leaves are perfectly colored and placed, in my opinion. Love the texture of the background. Thanks so much for joining us the week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colouring of the leaves Chrissie - it was well worth persevering with to get the finished look. Great background texture too! Thanks for sharing with us over at CASC&S this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgrous. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so calming - a great design for a sympathy card too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your card is gorgeous; your leaves are perfectly placed and sooooo beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous dies here Chrissie. They look amazing and no doubt tricky with the placing. Great take on that sketch and I love the dotty background. Thanks again for joining in our JUGS Challenges and adding this card to this weeks no stamping challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks pretty effective to me Chrissie! I know what you mean about forgetting where everything was when you come to adhere everything down and Jill's tip has blown me away! Thank you for coming to play with us at CAS Colours and Sketches this week! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie