Monday 12 June 2017

Having fun!

Since attending the Happy  Little Stamper's Craft retreat last year, I have really become a Brusho convert!
This card is a bit of an experiment and I had fun doing it.
I began by applying some White Pearlescent Embossing Paste through a stencil and then having removed the stencil, tapped some Brusho colours onto the wet paste. It began to react a little but I fancied a little more impact so I spritzed it with water and blotted it a little.
The pearlescence shows through the colours and I rather like the effect!
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches, stamped in SU Pacific Point ink.
I'm submitting this card to two challenges
CAS Mix Up  (my additional  choice is die-cutting) and Just us Girls

         

Here is another using a similar technique, although this time I cleaned the stencil and put it back over the embossed images before adding the Brusho pigments. The pearlescence didn't show as much so I brushed a little Perfect Pearls over the butterflies and then decided to do a little spritzing as well.
The dry embossing is from a Cuttlebug folder.
Do you have a preference?


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations! I can't get to grips with Brushos at all. I'll try with stencils and see how I go - thanks for the inspiration, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are really beautiful, Chrissie. Love how the brushos reacted with the pearl embossing paste. Have not tried your technique. Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful! I really like the way the embossing paste worked with the Brushos. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these, Chrissie! They are so different but both have the rich Brusho colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of them! Gorgeous colour! And two great layouts! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're both gorgeous Chrissie .... I love how the Brusho reacted with the paste, must give that a try. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noooooo ... don't make me choose! Two totally different and very gorgeous cards! I need to do more with my Brushos, and these have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the additional use of the bflies - really adds a fabulous texture. Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both fantastic, Chrissie. I love how the pearlescence shows through on the first one but I love the embossing on the second on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Brusho butterflies on both designs Chrissie - the Brushos over the paste really gives it great color and texture! thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're both gorgeous Chrissie .... I love how the Brusho reacted with the paste,

    สูตรบาคาร่า
    gclub

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie