Saturday 28 September 2013

Sketch Time at Less is More

We have a terrific sketch from Jen this week which gives loads of scope . I really enjoyed making these!
The first was as part of an exercise on my Silhouette. The project was to print and then cut out the image with a slight offset. There is so much I have to learn about the way things can be cut once printed, but it's going to take time.
The image is a free digi from Dearie Dolls.
The background was stamped with a texture stamp from Impression Obsession!
Here is a watercoloured bird from A Day for Daisies. I glazed over the colour and then added some Glamour dust around his eye area.
I don't know how I manage to get such variation of colour on my pictures when I think I'm doing the same thing every time. Both of these last two cards use the same cardstock although they look vastly different in the photos. Hey Ho!
The frog was also cut with my Silhouette, then the  splats were stamped and clear embossed, I then proceeded to add the various greens in Distress inks using sponge daubers,
We have our grandchildren here this weekend, whilst our daughter has a well deserved long weekend away. What fun we will have!

19 comments:

  1. Fab cards love the Frog! xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think you're progressing really quick with your cameo! Love the
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cards - I just adore that cute frog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The offset is a function I also LOVE!
    Beautiful and inspiring as always!
    Thanks
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards Chrissie! I can't get over the textured background of the first and I love the way you given the frog such a brilliant texture and colour. Enjoy your weekend with your grandchildren. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fantastic, Chrissie! I love how you can capture a variety of emotions with your work. These are perfect examples of that, all so different, but each one wonderful! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a great job with the offset function...all of your cards are fab, Chrissie and the bird is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards Chrissie , just love the frog. Thanks so much for all of your tips and comments. I really enjoy Less is More, and so appreciate all your efforts. I have visitors camping out in my craft room at the moment so won't be able to join in until later in the week. Story of my life this month . Very best wishes. G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw! what a great selection from one sketch, love them, seems you are getting quite good on the Silhouette :)

    Thanks for the digi stamp info too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That frog is just too cute ... when taking pictures of white cards, I always use *remove color cast* to get the white to a *true white* and then edit from there ... you can also make a similar adjustment using levels to get consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your cards, but the frog is the best, although the water colored bird is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cards Chrissie! Love the froggie....

    ReplyDelete
  13. O ooo oooooo, 3 beautiful results Chrissie.. But I love the frog the most...
    Greets Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards Chrissie :-) all of them are fab, the little boy is very cute, the bird is beautiful and the frog is hilarious :-)

    ! I love this sketch and think I will try to join in with a 2nd entry later :-)

    thanks for your lovely comment on my card xx
    luv
    Lols x x x

    p.s I think something has changed in blogger and it is changing the colours when uploading, especially the white,,, it is turning grey and wishy washy :-(

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great selection of cards Chrissie. You're right about it being a terrific sketch - I must try to take part. Well done with your Silhouette, you've done a great job - it's such a fab machine - wouldn't be without my Cameo. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all so awesome. I especially love the one with the little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chrissie, Fabulous cards I especially love the little frog :D Hope you had a fun weekend:D Half term approaches :D Oh what fun being Nan!! LOL Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards again Chrissie, I do esp. love the little bird one....the colouring is amazing!Enjoy granny duties, I love seeing mine too...what a joy they are :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie