Sunday 22 September 2013

Different shade of kraft!

I ordered a pack of kraft card from Paper Mill Direct. When it arrived I was rather taken aback  by the caramel-ness of it, but as they call it kraft I'll call it kraft too!
Here are a couple of cards using it!
Here I used the sketch from CAS(E) this sketch!
The frame was a bit of an experiment with my new Silhouette machine and this is one of the downloads I bought with my $10 voucher. I mounted it on another piece of kraft card which I then proceeded to deepen the colour with a few shades of Distress ink. I stamped a few splats and a butterfly with some Paper Artsy stamps before clear embossing the whole panel.
The sentiment is computer generated and mounted on reduced size Spellbinders tags.
It is also for Addicted to CAS's challenge of Get Well.
I had thought it might do for Dynamic Duos challenge of  Kraft and Black, but with the addition of the Distress Inks, I'm not sure if it would still qualify so I made another card using just kraft and black..
This one follows the sketch from Mojo Monday. The word and the tree were cut from a piece of scrap carton, which is a really close match to the Paper Mill card. The stamping is from  Stampin' Up builder wheel stamp.
Tomorrow we have the first day of window replacement taking place. What joy!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats with the new machine -
    Wishing you lots of creative hours!
    You made 2 beautiful cards .
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chrissie,
    They're both very beautiful and thanks for showing the sketches...
    Greets Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both gorgeous cards Chrissie, I love the lustre on your first one, it looks fabulous, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh - love these cards! Your Dynamic Duos one is very earthy & festive. I like that look!
    Thanks for joining us this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this Kraft card and I actually like it more than regular kraft! Great cards. I do like the silhouette against that gorgeous rich background-perfect colours for this time of year. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful Chrissie - I particularly like the inky background silhouette one. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely fabric and felt cards here Chrissie! I LOVE that gorgeous retro fabric you used for your folded flower and it was a great idea to use a strip of it as a background too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, kraft and black Christmas! I love it, Chrissie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards - looks like you're liking your silhouette! Best thing I ever bought I adore mine and should use it more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fab cards Chrissie, lovethe glossy panel and the unusual colour combo for a Xmas card! Good luck with your new windows, at least it's not too cold:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they are super. I really like the panel on the get well card - so rich and warm! Love the Christmas card!

    I have a pack of kraft card that is quite dark too - but it's nice to ring the changes a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous card design Chrissie. Love the effect of the clear embossing on the inked panel - the flowers really "pop".
    Thank you so much for joining us again at ATCAS - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Christmas card is gorgeous in the Kraft and Black! Love, love, love that tree! Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that you made a Christmas card since that's what I made this week too! It looks great!
    Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie