Friday 20 September 2013

A few challenges

When I saw the colours chosen for the Dynamic Duos this week, I thought I would have a go, as they are not colours I feel immediately drawn to.
For this card I have used astrip of Pink Petticoat little elephant paper which teams really well with the little elephant from SU's Patterned Occasions set. I masked out the sentiment and inked the stamp with So Saffron ink before adding a touch of green with a marker to the leaves.
The sentiment was computer generated using exactly the same colour as the paper.
PS
Would you believe it ... I missed the challenge, I'm sure it was still open when I decided to make this card this morning!
It's also for the challenge at CAS on Sundays where the challenge is Oh Baby!
This one follows the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and uses a Slapstick stamp from Penny Black.
 I combined with a  sheet of stars  die-cut from  die by Memory Box... it may be one that is distributed by Simon Says Stamp. I used some of the star cut-outs to embellish the length of ribbon!
We have guests for dinner this evening, they gave us lifts to and from the ship for our last cruise and we just want to say thank you! I've just re-joined Slimming World, as the cruises we've been on in the last year have sabotaged last year's weight loss! The menu this evening is probably more calorific than it should be, but I am trying to keep things tasty yet healthy!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creations each with its own unique character.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie, lovely cards, that elephant is so cute! Enjoy your evening, so sorry you won't be coming to Ally Pally this weekend. Gay and I will make up for your absence and blow the bank balance:)
    Hope your abscess is getting better
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two terrific cards! I love how the gold makes the second card so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable baby card!!! I love Elephants!!! Thanks for linking it up with us over at CAS on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are very pretty but I love that elephant. Glad you joined us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your baby-card! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!
    Mariken xx.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie