Wednesday 15 June 2011

Thanks

We had lunch with friends a short while ago and this was the card I sent to thank them. In fact there was an ulterior motive in making this as I wanted my friend to see this particular ribbon. She had asked me to make a wedding card for their son's wedding and I wondered if this colour ribbon would be suitable for it. In fact she said that she would prefer something a little more mauve. So the information gathering ploy worked. I was able to go ahead and make the Wedding card, with a slightly more mauve ribbon!
This was made by masking a circle in the centre of the card and over printing with one of my Pocket Silhouette stamps from Stampin' Up using  Rich Razzleberry ink, then adding the bow made with my bow maker.
Paper Pretties - Single Layer Card

16 comments:

  1. Hi hun
    this is totally stunning, luv the colour & design,sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have made the circle bigger. When I created mine orginally it was a small circle however i love the idea of the sentiment in the middle.

    Hugs

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie
    What a fabulous idea ....why cant i think of these good ideas ...gorgeous ....
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful.I just love the colour of that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card - had one something similar for Christmas last year from a friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card hunni
    You could enter it into LIM this week lol

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab way to use the pocket silhouette stamp-very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Chrissie,gorgeous colours and it looks just like a necklace that I own!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea Chrissie, I'm thinking what a lovely christmas wreath it would make too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty card, I like the color, but then you weren't making it for my son's wedding. thanks for playing with us at paper pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Chrissie, love the vivid colours and the great stamps.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a rich, luxurious looking card - simply stunning!! I do like that bow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant idea - it's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great way to use this stamp - the wreath makes a real splash. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie