Tuesday 10 May 2011

Senior moments

This is my card for the challenge this week at My Time to Craft.... something that completely slipped my mind until a short time ago! (Senior moment)
The theme is to use scallops, so I was playing around with my Nesties to try to make them fit this rather elongated shaped stamp from Stampin' Up.
After stamping I cut around one end of the image with a long (but not long enough) Nestie rectangle, running the die through almost to the end of the die, but not quite... and then winding back again.
I then took the die off the card and turned it around and placed the die around the other end of the image, lining up the die with the previous die-cuts.

I rolled it through the machine just far enough to meet where it had previously been cut and then wound it back again!
Here you can see that the die-cut is much longer than the original die!


I then repeated the process with the scalloped die, ensuring that the scallops were aligned when I cut the second half.
I like messing around with things like this!

16 comments:

  1. Great idea and tutorial Chrissie...amazing how you lined it up exactly, these things tend to move at the last minute for me!!!

    Lovely card, how did you make the slots for the ribbon? Is it a punch or by hand? they look so neat:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie, love the little tutorial, it's right up my street to make things work a little harder for their place in my crafty stash xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Chrissie, that's a very useful stamp, so effective and I love green! I must try this technique it's so handy to be able to stretch the size.
    I emailed you the alphabet info but if you missed it the die was a long sizzex one that came with special long plates.
    Off to South of France tomorrow so hoping I'm not missing too many exciting challenges!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so clever with the Bug! Not tried this technique yet but I will TFS..
    Love the greens..
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you were talking about me when I saw the title of your post, I seem to be having more and more `senior moments ` lately lol.
    Brilliant tutorial and a super card. Love the ribbon, gorgeous shade of green.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie, I mess about - you create !! This is another beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and super idea. I'm sure I would have went squint! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie, beautiful card and a great tutorial. Thank-You for that. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant card - I love the stamp and like the way you made your nesties fit the image!! Great colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow`Chrissie! Such a fabulous use of this stamp! Into my faves for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever! Love the card!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a simple card but so stunning and effective! I really like your style.... and thank you so much for the tutorial.... Another clever way I'd never have thought of before.. I'm still marvelling over being able to make bigger embossed backgrounds!
    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the card, loved the tutorial what an effective stamp too,very very elegant and clever work!

    Hugs June
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A tip, a tutorial AND a beautiful card, who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Chrissie, thanks for this great tutorial - I would never have thought of doing that! The finished card is lovely - justifying the fiddling around with the die. The ribbons are the perfect finishing touch. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie