I saw this technique on Stamp TV this week and thought it was so nice I'd just have to have a go.
I began by stamping the (Inkadinkadoo) butterflies on some gently textured cream paper and then heat embossing them with clear powder.
I then chose 3 colours of Distress inks - Old Paper, Tea Dye and Walnut stain and began with the lightest shade and sponged some colour randomly over the paper.
Following the use of the Tea Dye which gives the warmth of colour I used the Walnut stain around the butterflies themselves to make them stand out. After wiping off the excess ink from the butterflies with a paper towel I overprinted the whole thing with a (Hero Arts) French Script stamp.
I really rather like the effect and wanted as much of the design to show, hence the use of just a small embellishment.... Snellen flowers and leaves.
I typed the sentiment on the computer. This is one of the marathon number of cards (13 in fact) which I made for my friend at the beginning of the week.
Do join in with our challenge and show us your fabulous creations!