Sunday 11 July 2010

LOTV

Here is another sweetie of an image from Lilli of the Valley.
I made the card for the challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches, where in celebration of their First Birthday, any sketch from the past year can be showcased.
This is Sketch #44. I love the simplicity of it!
I'm still struggling with how best to take pictures in my new light tent, I keep trying with flash, without flash, with my daylight lamp and without it, with the front flap of the tent down and with it up. As yet I haven't hit upon a winning foolproof formula! Maybe I need additional lights!
The paper is from Cuddly Buddly and the sentiment is Stampin' Up.
I used my new Promarkers to colour this image and I'm gradually getting used to them, despite being limited in my range of colours.

9 comments:

  1. Too cute! Love the bunnies!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - love the simple sketch, which show cases the beautiful stamp and paper perfectly. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card- like you say, lovely simple layout and you have done a great job with it. (When you get to grips with the light tent please could you post what you have learnt? My husband found a second hand one for me but it doesn't have any instructions and I have not had a chance to even try it yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Chrissie, and if you have just started using Promarkers I think you have done a great job with the shading.

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Chrissie this is so beautiful I love both papers and image and your colouring is perfect. I am so in love with this CAS look that I have actually made a card for this weeks Clean and Simple challenge which I hope to post tomorrow on my blog I would be really happy to see what you think lol.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card. Those bunnies are just too cute.

    Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card Chrissie. Love the sweet image.

    I'm the same with my light tent, in the end I moved it into the conservatory and find it's works best like any other photo with as much natural light as possible. Then of course some days it's too bright, too many shadows........

    I need a crash course in photography I think

    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Chrissie, love the simplicity and LOTV do some fab stamps :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this image and this is one of the LOTV stamps I own too. Would make great anniversary or engagement cards I think too.

    Have you googled use of the light tent Chrissie = I think someone called Becca Feaken of Amazing Paper Grace has mentioned use of one on her blog (which, if you've never visited, will take your breath away with her pure talent and use of spellbinders and ribbon) - a must visit blog.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie