Saturday 22 January 2022

Warm Fuzzies



 My month as Guest designer at Just Us Girls is going by quickly and here is the fourth of my cards. The challenge this time is to take inspiration from this picture.

 

Recently I discovered a company called Create a Smile, based in Germany. They produce stamps and dies in both German and English and shipping to the UK is quick and efficient. The stamps I used here are from a set called Cool Buddies. I did have to do a little jiggery pokery to get them facing each other as both snowmen were originally facing in the same direction. I wanted them to be facing one another, so I appropriately used the KISS technique to get one image reversed, however the only material I could find to stamp onto was some fun foam. The impression wasn't as crisp as I had hoped so I did just go over the lines with a fine liner pen. 
Once I had made the aperture and placed the snow embossing and hillside within it, I felt as though  there was something missing. I tried a few die cut snowflakes but wasn't happy with those, so on doing another search through my stash I came across this Memory Box circle snowflake die, which by a complete fluke was exactly the right dimensions to fit the aperture. I stacked it twice as the snowflakes are floating and they seemed a little flimsy with just one layer. The sentiment is also from the same set as the snowmen.

13 comments:

  1. I will have to check out Create A Smile... your snow buddies are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pair they are! Love the snowflake frame you've given them. This is a darling card, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute snowpeople framed in their circle of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love Create a Smile products and the snowman buddies are super cute. Love that you put them in a circle surrounded by mini snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snowmen are so, so cute and the snowflake circle absolutely pulls it all together. Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These snowmen are SO CUTE! Look fabulous with the white and white too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowmen are so cute and how wonderful to find that snowy circle die in your stash. It is always worth looking through as you often find things you had forgotten about, well I do anyway! I discovered create a smile when I was looking for A6 frame dies, they do stitched and scalloped edges. I use them a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been able to get that reverse image thing to work, Chrissie, but it sure did for you. Those snowmen are darling and how great that you found the perfect snowflake die to feature them in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those adorable little snowmen on this fabulous design! Thank you for joining us this past month with all of your amazing CAS designs. You have truly been an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snowmen are absolutely adorable! What a sweet snowflake scene you've created for them!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those wee snow people are so adorable. Well done with the reverse technique. Love how you have them in that circle surrounded by snowflakes. Another stunning CAS creation Chrissie. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable. Love how you made them face each other!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This card is super adorable ! These buddies are so cute. And I love how you created them a home in a snowy bauble.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie