Saturday 29 January 2022

May Your Christmas Dreams Come True

Here we are in my final week as Guest Designer at Just Us Girls. It has been such fun, with terrific challenges each week. Those who know me of old, know that my style is extremely Clean and Simple and this week's is no exception. The theme is to use PLAID, and as usual I have used just a very little of it, I think this came from a free pull-out of papers from a craft magazine.

I chose lots of star embossing dies for the background from Creative-Depot.de and added the scrap of plaid to a hanging star, with more stars and a touch of ivy... something that is used to decorate homes at Christmas time in the UK... so with the the (wishing) stars and the Christmas foliage, I chose the sentiment to combine the two, from Simon Says Stamp.






 

11 comments:

  1. Super fun with the subtle use of plaid. Thanks so much for joining JUGS for the month of January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie... loving those embossed stars. Have to check out the store you mentioned. So loved having you here this month...your cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little pop of plaid is perfect surrounded by all of those fabulous white stars! So happy to have had you guesting with us this month, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, You have been a delightful guest and as soon as I saw this card I thought it was done by Cecile! I mean that as a HUGE compliment! She is a rockstar with CAS and apparently you are too! This is just as darling as can be! Take care and thanks for making our Challenge shine the past month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your CAS style is memorable and amazing, Chrissie. I love that plaid star and all the little stars and ivy surrounding it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layering of stars and ivy, and the perfect touch of plaid for your beautiful CAS style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and so classy Chrissie. Love it. Was wonderful having you Guest with us in January.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous! I love the embossing on the background and the composition with all of the stars with the plaid star as the main focus. Thank you for joining us this past month with all of your amazing creations, you have really inspired me with your awesome CAS designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect amount of plaid for your lovely CAS design and though it may be small in amount, it sure packs a mega impact! LOVE this! Thank you for being an awe-mazing guest designer this month; you've certainly inspired me to re-evaluate how I make CAS cards!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little bit of plaid offset by all the white! So pretty! Love the design too. Thanks for being such a great guest at Just Us Girls this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie