Sunday 7 November 2021

Let it snow


This card was a bit of an experiment. I just bought the Snowflake Wire die from Memory Box and somehow I envisaged a different texture for above and below it. I have an old Snow embossing folder from Sheena Douglass, which I absolutely love, but which is sadly no longer available. I wanted to use this embossing folder for one part of the card. SO I die cut one of the wires and then placed it onto a piece of thick cardboard, traced the upper edge and cut it out. I made three layers and stuck them together, which made them about the same thickness as a single cutting plate from my Cuttlebug.


I put my card panel into the folder and placed it on the base plate of the machine, then I added my Heath Robinson diffuser (taped to the folder to keep it still), then added the top plate and ran it through the machine. Only the part which had the pressure from the diffuser was embossed.
I tried the sentiment (Stamplorations) in white but it looked better in silver to link with the wire.

Merry Little Christmas - Anything Goes



The Holly and the Ivy - Anything Christmas




 

4 comments:

  1. Wow Chrissie this is gorgeous. You are a clever clogs, I'll have to remember this technique but I'm not sure if I could do it as good as yours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, Chris! The things you come up with! Absolutely love this card. I am all about snowflakes this year, for some reason, and love the use of the holographic paper. I don't have the budget for dies, so I only have rectangles & circles, but this MB wire one has me craving. Thanks for all the time you put into describing your process. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the silver..such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
    Darlene
    MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie