Thursday 26 August 2021

Happy Birthday


If there's one thing I love it's having a good simple sketch to follow. Today I found this one at 

I spent a long time going through my sentiment stamps to look for something which I thought would work, but eventually ended up using a computer generated one. In fact I did so much messing around with spacings etc, it would probably have been quicker to stamp one using a stamping platform.
Anyway the font is Formal 436 BT.
I decided to add a butterfly to the design to fit in with the challenges at 
CAS on Friday - Butterfly
and Watercooler Wednesday - All things Feminine


The Dreamy butterfly is from Memory Box, coloured with Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks applied with sponge daubers. When dry I stamped and heat embossed some silver splatters.
To make the matching tiny floating dots, I coloured a little card with the inks and then die cut a holey border die and used the 'holes' as the embellishments. There are two sizes of holes in this die and these are from the smaller ones. It's a good way to get and exact match to something you have already coloured... besides colouring dots made from White Nuvo Drops. (which I've actually not tried yet for myself)



 

9 comments:

  1. Just lovely, as always Chrissie

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the matching dots. It is funny how you think something will be very quick but in the end takes ages. Computers can do that to you! this one was worth it though xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You introduced me to this butterfly die that I HAD TO get. Thanks for the enabling and for another bit of inspiration! Your stamping is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the beautiful splattered butterfly! Lots of good tips in this post. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Chrissie! Loving that splatter and the gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That butterfly is stunning Chrissie and looks lovely against your background of repeated happy birthdays. I love that you created a whole explosion of dots to match with your die :) Thank you for sharing at CAS Colours and Sketches this week. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card Chrissie! You really are a queen of CAS!! I just love the wonderful colours on this stunning butterfly!! Thanks so mch for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! The butterfly drew me to the card, and several others that you also used the butterfly. It’s a must buy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! The butterfly actually drew me to the card; you have used it so well on several cards. It’s a must buy for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie