Tuesday 5 May 2020

Gesso Resist


Have you ever purchased some crafty product that you thought you should have... and you would use... but never have?
Gesso is one such item in my case. I had to dig deep to find it and then hope that it was still workable. I don't believe that I have ever used it before, but thanks to the gals at CAS Mix Up, I have been urged to get on and have a go!

I began with a stencil from Marianne Designs and applied some Gesso though it with a piece of sponge. When dry I applied some Distress Ink over the stencilling using a sponge dauber.  Following this I stamped some random spots using stamps from SU's French Foliage, long retired but one of my favourite 'go to' sets.
The die cuts by Alexandra Renke, were also coloured with DIs and a tiny smear of gold ink was added to the edges. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.
These CAS challenges from Loll, Bonnie and the girls help me to produce some of my best work. I feel inspired to use different products or techniques to produce my submissions for their challenges.. and for that I thank them all most sincerely!
I must try technique this again, that's for certain!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous make! I've got a tub of Gesso (somewhere!) and may give this a try myself, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, love all the layers of stamping, stenciling, etc
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an artsy monochromatic beauty. So happy that you're enjoying our challenges, we love to see your creations.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, also, have a jar of that around. I completely forgot about it. Time to go find it and give it a try. Love your art style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always rise to the challenge beautifully, Chrissie! Love this gesso background and the eucalyptus leaves are on my wish list! You've shaped them so beautifully they look like the actual dried leaves! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very artsy and beautiful design Chrissie. Glad you found your Gesso. Probably in the very back of a cupboard or drawer ... that's where I found mine! :) Love the stone stencil with the earthy colours and random stamping. The euclyptus branches looks amazing on top. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha I had to search to find mine and then when I did it had gone hard:( I love your unique design and your card is stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! ps: if you have Gelatos or similar you should try them with Gesso primed surface - it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Gesso resist Chrissie, your card is perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing along this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This looks amazing Chrissie. Great results from the gesso resist, and I love the different layers. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie