Friday 19 April 2019

Elephants



Queen of Bloggers, Darnell has another Twofer Challenge which this time is Zoo Animals.
  

I find these challenges really challenging... which is what they should be I guess.
Here I used some super cute images from Neat and Tangled. They give such a fabulously crisp image. I coloured the elephants with alcohol markers and so decided to cut them out because of colour transfer to the back of the card. 
The square card is to welcome a new baby and the rectangular one for an occasion such as Mother's Day or birthday... where the sentiment is computer generated. It looks to me as though either elephant could be speaking to the other!
The cut outs are mounted on dimensional pads after having finished the edges with an embossing tool to give a more softened look.
Here a little die cutting has been used. Welcome and balloon from Paper Smooches, thread from Memory Box and slatted heart from SSS.
We are just waiting for 2 of our grandkids to come back for the Easter Weekend and tomorrow we're hoping that we can join with the third one for the day! I love seeing them all together!

6 comments:

  1. I have an elephant collection and love all elephants. These 2 cards are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the Twofer challenges challenging is a great compliment to me, Chrissie, as I so often felt that way about your LIM challenges! Here you did a fantastic job coming up with two different designs and occasions for your darling baby elephant! Love the gray coloring you did on your elephants ~ I find painting with grays so hard ~ and I love the texture of the base! Your baby card is so beautifully composed with that slatted heart and celebration balloon! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #15! Happy Easter weekend to you and the whole family!! Hugs, Darnell (btw, if I haven't already done so, thank you for company info you gave me on my card the other day! You didn't attach a photo, but the name was enough for me to find it quickly! Mwah!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great work for the Twofer challenge Chrissie! These elephants are adorable and the designs very creative. Always fun to generate your own sentiments to make it totally unique! The welcome card is sweet with the striped blue heart and heart balloon. Both cards have lots of wonderful texture in the background. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two cards are perfect examples of how less can be so much more. I look and learn. The sweet ellies and textured card base on your love card are perfect, and you had all the fun of playing with dies on your baby card while still keeping it simple. I love them both to pieces! I'm so glad you played along in our challenging Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie