Sunday 17 February 2019

More Triple Embossing

Whilst I was doing a little triple embossing the other day I decided to use a few other die cuts and stamps.
My Sizzix leaf was cut and triple embossed in black EP, then a few shades of Perfect Pearls added over a layer of Versamark. After reheating I stamped into the molten liquid really heavily with a Large Tim Holtz stamp inked with Brilliance gold ink.
The background grid stencil was made by cutting a piece of vellum with a Memory Box Distressed Collage die. I placed the stencil over a piece of card and tapped out  few grains of Dark Brown and White Brushos before spritzing with water and dabbing dry with a paper towel. The berry spray die was the least fussy of the ones in my die store but I'm not exactly sure of its origin, I know I had to add two shims before it cut cleanly. I have quite a few of these kind of dies, I guess I'm attracted to them ...(berries not ones which need to have a shim)!
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted, stamped with SU Chocolate Chip ink to match the dark brown card Base.
It's for a few challenges
CAS Stencil Challenge - Use Powdered Inks

CAS Mix Up Challenge - Dimensional Die Cuts


It was fun making this card, I need to try to use lighter colours on the die cuts next time!

14 comments:

  1. Just GORGEOUS, love the design too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, love the detail! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ...what a glorious dimensional die cut leaf with fabulous techniques and such a unique effect. Love the chocolate colours and the use of the stencil on the background. Stunning card and thank you again for playing along at The CAS Mix Up Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing texture, colors and shine on your gorgeous die cut eb layered leaf, Chrissie. Love your stenciling with Brushos background and die cut leaves for your leaf. You balanced your CAS card design beautifully with your stamped sentiment. A real beauty for several challenges. So pleased you added your card to our CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful CAS design Chrissie, love all the texture on the leaf and your abstract background. Thanks for playing at CAS Mix Up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Chrissie. I am loving your layered die-cuts with the molten stamping. Really beautiful and full of shine from the metallics. The leaf looks beautiful over top of your stenciled corner. And the die-cut white berries are a perfect addition. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That leaf is simply loaded with texture and dimension. The subtle Brusho stencilling is just the perfect BG required to uplift that incredible die cut along with that whisper of white berry spray die cut. Elegant and beautiful Chrissie.
    Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie... fabulous execution on your grid, love your ingenuity. Your molten leaf is spectacular and I so appreciate your sharing how you created the effect. Thanks so much for joining Addicted to CAS this week. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely design Chrissie! LOVE that layered embossed and stamped leaf and the wonderful bit of grid stenciling behind it in the Brusho brown! a beautiful composition! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Stencil! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous butterfly, Chrissie! It makes me think of antique jewelry! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply stunning! Beautiful stenciling, gorgeous colours and I love the detail on the leaf. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Stencil challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That leaf is marvelous, Chrissie, and I plan to try that technique since I have so much black embossing powder that I never use. Making your own grid from a die cut was such a good idea. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just saw this at CAS Mix up Chrissie, Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie