Saturday 16 February 2019

Big Bold Sentiment


For the second challenge of LIM's birthday month it's time for a one layer card with the Focus on the Sentiment.

Rummaging through my Stampin' Up sets of stamps, (whilst searching for something else, which I still haven't located) I came across this stamp. It's from a set with the title as on this sentiment...' Love you much'. I wanted to have the flower part coloured and the rest of the sentiment in black, so rather than try to ink all of the stamp with markers, I popped it in the microwave for a few seconds to loosen it from the wood block so that I could use it in my MISTI, and thereby stamp it in 2 takes. I coloured the stem and the flower with SU markers and stamped it, then cleaned that off and inked the rest of the image with Versafine Onyx Black ink...  the stray bits of ink on the stem were wiped away with a Q tip and then it was stamped for a second time. 
All I did after that was to colour in the LOVE part with a Wisp of Stella pen in Silver.
It's simplicity itself, and as February is the month of love, what could be better!
It's been great fun being back at Less is More and thanks once more to the terrific bunch of girls continuing the tradition!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Chrissie! CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensationally CAS Chrissie. You really are still the queen of this genre and wow us all with every make! That stamp is rather lush, and thanks for the tip about the microwave - I may need to try that on a few of my wooden stamps. Thank you so much for coming back again to be our guest designer - we love having you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie, Good to see you playing this week. Sweet card with that lone flower. OLC cards are always my nemesis, but thinking and checking my stuff to join. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Chrissie. And it is CAS defined! Thanks for the tip on loosening the stamp from the block in the microwave. I hadn't thought to do that. Awesome to have you here designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Chrissie, that single stem is so cute and I love the interesting design of the sentiment. Thanks for the micro tip, will have to try that. It's been lovely having you back with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this simple design. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie