Saturday 11 June 2016

Splatters


The challenge at "Less is More" this week is for a one layer card with the theme of Splatters. We are really fortunate to have received some stencils and stamps from Shery at Stamplorations, (who is our sponsor this month) and all the DT have used the splatter stencil... which was made specially for us!!
We are really grateful to Shery for these!

I had a senior moment when I first began to work on this week's challenge and completely forgot the one layer part... what a plonker!
So this is my second attempt!
Here all the stamps and the stencil are from Stamplorations. I inked three shades of the latest Distress Ink colours through the stencil and then over-stamped with another splatter stamp in Versamark and clear embossed it, so that there are shiny blobs on blobs.
This was the card I made, forgetting that it was one layer week... it could easily have been a one layer design if I'd had my brain in gear!

We are saying goodbye to Anne from the DT at "Less is More" as she has decided to step down after over three years working with us, she will be missed! I must admit that being one of the LIM DT is quite an undertaking and we are really grateful for all her hard work.

10 comments:

  1. They are both fabulous, Chrissie! I made more than one card before remembering that it is one layer week so you are not alone there :) The butterflies work perfectly with the splatters - I am inspired to give this a go. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two perfectly splattered butterfly cards Chrissie love the colour combo on the second one in particular and it does make me snigger that you missed the OLC bit first. Have a good weekend. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards, Chrissie! Such a shame about the one layer because the blue butterfly is stunning. But I love the first card too with those vivid splatters and that pretty butterfly. I must head over to Stamplorations and take a look at their goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cards! Give me ink splatters and Butterflies anytime and yours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! I have to get that stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both card are stunning, I love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards...I just love the orange and brown colors...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reminder about one-layer cards! I edited my post and also posted a second card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beauties Chrissie. Lovely warm feeling in that colour combo on your top card. Even though it isn't one layer, your bottom card is jaw droppingly gorgeous.
    Ha ha! I ALWAYS have to double check every week to make sure I don't forget when it is one layer week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm so late, Chrissie! Two stunners here, love that vivid blue on your second card, I think we've all made the 'one layer blunder' before now :D Loving those earthy tones on your first card too, such a lovely combo and a great idea to overstamp with more splatters xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie