Saturday 18 June 2016

Faux Bleach

The theme at Less is More this week is to use the Faux Bleach or Ghosting technique... also referred to as stamping with water.

If a layer of water reactive ink is used as a base, when water is added, some of the colour is removed, giving the appearance of bleaching.
To begin, I inked the vertical panel with blue and green Distress Inks using sponge daubers and allowed them to dry. I then stamped the flower stamp from Unity after spritzing it with water, drying the card with a heat gun, which seems to intensify the effect. I wanted to use this as a ghosting effect around the flowers, so  I stamped image again, using the deep green colour.
The sentiment is from Penny Black.
Here I used a stencil from Tim Holtz, over some sponged Distress Inks, applied fairly liberally with sponge daubers. The ink was spritzed with water and blotted then the stencil removed and heat dried. The bunch of roses is a file from Silhouette Studio cut with my Portrait. I think they match my stencil really well. I believe that the hello is a die cut from Winnie And Walter.


13 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. I love how you ghosted and then offset top stamping on the first card. It looks really impactful! I honestly thought the flower dies were a set with the stencil on card 2! They're a perfect match and look so elegant. Love the fiery colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ghosting on your cards looks so delicate Chrissie. Great inspiration. Love the font on your sentiment die cuts. I'm afraid I used the other faux bleach technique on my cards (clear embossing and a hot iron!) Enjoy your week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Chrissie! I love the soft outline on the first card and the subtle background impression of the flowers works great with your bold cut flowers. It is a technique that looks fab when it works and is really frustrating when it doesn't....I had a few false starts but got there in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Absolutely yummy cards Chrissie. Love the superb outline on the first one which even gives an eerie feel to the images but so clever then HEY! I do love bright colours so that second one really rocks my boat! Gorgeous orange BG against the super black die-cut blooms. Simply FABULOUS! Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, the ghosting effect is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards here Chrissie,love them both ;)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards here Chrissie,love them both ;)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these cards! That second one is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards but being an orange and pink person I was automatically drawn to the orange card. Love the vibrancy of this. Looks brilliant with the black cut flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and artistic...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not such an easy technique, but yours look so gorgeous!! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Chrissy. Love the subtle shading that the ghost stamping gives on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apologies for being a week late reaching you! lol These are fabulous, I always love these layouts with a coloured panel. Your roses look fabulous over that stencilled background, what a great match x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie