Sunday 2 August 2015

Masking x three

MASKING
Here I have a card in which I have used 3 different kinds of masks although there are heaps of of other ways they can be employed.

I began by stamping the birds from The Rubber Stamp Gallery in black Versafine ink and then painted over them with a little rubber cement.
When it was dry I used sponge daubers to ink  the sea in various shades of Distress Ink, over a mask made from a ripped piece of Post It note. The horizon was made using a straight edged mask. I
die cut a couple of clouds from more post-its and then inked over them for the sky, softening the edges with a little more ink once the masks were removed. The sea was over-stamped with a SU Grunge splat stamp in a couple of shades of ink before the cement was removed from the birds using an eraser.
A faux stitched border and a die cut sentiment completed the card.
I think these birds are really cool!

19 comments:

  1. Love this sweet scene you have created with your masking Chrissie and I LOVE that big, bold sentiment, running vertically like that . . . inspired! Have a great week! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I've never tried masking with rubber cement, but you've inspired me to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chrissie, love how you masked the birds. I've seen masking fluid or frisket advertised and wondered how it would work, looks fabulous, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those birds are really cool! Love the different ways you've used masking on this card Chrissie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sea combination of colors! Very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sea combination of colors! Very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome technique for masking. Rubber cement, hey? Cool idea! The scene you have created is just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card... I always love how you use this sweet stamp, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little seaside scene .... great colours and those birds are fab! Great masking techniques too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahoy, Chrissie! This is fantabulous. I love the bold blues and those cute little gulls!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this whole scene is pretty cool, Chrissie! You've done a wonderful job of masking, sponging and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And this card is really cool! You did a great masking job with those tiny birds and your body of water is fabulous with the mix of colors. I admire all your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, this is beautiful, Chrissie!!! You're sea and sky looks amazing and I love those cute birds!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your birds are Fantastic!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous bird and beautiful scene, Chrissie! Such tiny and sweet birds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Chrissie! I love your inking and masking, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this bird stamp! I've almost ordered it a time or two, but I'm having to watch my spending a little closer than I use to! :) Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie