Saturday 8 August 2015

Getting back into the groove.

Since my recent holidays, I seem to have been completely behind! 
I have just managed to make a card for this week's Less is More challenge which is for a one layer card with the theme the Eyes have it... so something with eyes!
Lots of scope you would think, but I was a little devoid of ideas!
Here is a little Mama Elephant pup, stamped within a masked area, which in turn was masked to dust the background with Distress Ink.
The sentiment is also Mama Elephant and the hearts are from Stampin' Up.
This is also for Simplicity One Layer Challenge #19 Strip down
I immediately thought of this little character from A Day for Daisies for this 'eyes' challenge... he has them a-plenty.
I simply coloured him with watercolour pencils and blended the colours with a water brush, over-stamping with a little grunge stamp and adding a layer of clear Wink of Stella. The eyes have the obvious touch of a little Glossy Accents.
The sketch follows that from CASe this Sketch

I watched a video of Jennifer McGuire doing various techniques for foiling. I was really impressed and the long story short is that I actually went out and bought a laser printer and a laminator. I have got one bit of foil which I tried out after setting up the printer, but it was not as good coverage as I would have liked. I'm not sure if it's the quality of the laminator (which was REALLY cheap) or whether it was my technique was wanting. Time will tell, so watch this space! I think a little more practice is required!

24 comments:

  1. Cute and fabulous cards Chrissie with gorgeous colouring.
    Love that alien so full of colour and certainly not short of eyes! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute pup and a great sentiment. And great to see you've used a little A Day for Daisies character too, I very nearly used him but went for his chum instead lol. Welcome back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. I love the designs and what a great sentiment on the first one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both youre cards Chrissie. The second one is so funny.
    Promising challenge this one ;-)
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cute Chrissy, LOVE the OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable cards!! I LOVE that little red monster. Perfect POP of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pup and the way you have masked off the panel and the cute alien is perfect for the challenge theme - great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie

    Your card is darling - I love the sentiment. My daughter has a dog and I just know I'm going to use that on a card for her one day. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree...super cute cards...I really like your work!!
    Thanks for playing along with the OLS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are super Chrissie! I love the little creature image. Too cute...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laser printer! Foil! Tut tut lol :)

    That puppy is adorable and I can see just why you 'need' it but I love the little monster

    Catch up soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards - love your alien with all his eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chrissie, I'll be interested to hear how you go with the foil. I have a laser printer and a laminator at home, but I haven't yet tried the foil technique. It looks so simple when Jennifer does it, but I'm still scared it won't work! I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all these adorable cards! I think the little dog one is my favorite. I've tried the foiling a bit. I recently had to replace my old laser printer, and my son convinced me to get a color laser printer. I've found that the foiling doesn't really work for some reason. So a cheap laser black toner printer will probably work great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all these adorable cards! I think the little dog one is my favorite. I've tried the foiling a bit. I recently had to replace my old laser printer, and my son convinced me to get a color laser printer. I've found that the foiling doesn't really work for some reason. So a cheap laser black toner printer will probably work great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute little pup and cute little alien,too :D ! I've bought some foil for the foil technique too, but not yet tried. I should give it a try. hope to see your creation with the foil soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute little pup and cute little alien,too :D ! I've bought some foil for the foil technique too, but not yet tried. I should give it a try. hope to see your creation with the foil soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super sweet cards! Great takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both gorgeous cards, I love the cute pooch and fab inking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two cute cards Chrissie, love them both. Good luck with the foiling. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such cute cards and the sentiment of the dog one is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fabulous to turn the sketch to a one layer Chrissie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cards Chrissie,love that cute monster esp. ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie