Sunday 1 March 2015

Aqua Tints

Today I had a play with some Aqua Tints. I dropped a small amount of two shades of brown and one of grey onto my glass mat and spritzed them with water. I then dipped a sheet of card into it until there was some colour all over it, then dropped some grains of rock salt over it before drying off the sheet with my heat tool. I thought that the effect it produced reminded me of burr walnut wood and so decided to use it for a masculine card...hence the addition of the saw and screwdriver.
The 'happy' on this card is three layers thick and inlaid, the 'birthday' is simply added over the base card.
              


The challenge at Addicted to CAS has the code word Distress
The horizontal panel on this card is severely distressed. I began by stamping Artemio's manuscript stamp and then ripping the upper and lower edges. I stamped the foxing with a SU splat stamp in Tea Dye DI, then inked the rest with Antique Linen and Old Paper inks using sponge daubers. The ribbon snippings from a sweater I bought on sale in M&S were just the right shade to add to it.
The violin is an old stamp from rubbadubbadoo and the sentiment is from Lili of the Valley.

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant masculine card, Chrissie, I've been resisting those Aquatint inks but I'm starting to think I *need* them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards Chrissie. Love the gorgeous colours and design from your aqua tints and rock salt ... awesome!! And LOVE the distressed panel with the musical background. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards. Love how you did the background on the first one and the addition of the tools is perferct. The 2nd card is lovely also. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great guy card! Thanks for playing along with ATCAS, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie