Saturday 13 September 2014

I see the moon (just)

The challenge at AAA Cards is to include the moon.
Here is a one layer card using a stamp from Penny Black called 'Before the snow'.
I masked off an area of the card with Post it notes and cut a circle for the moon. It's kinda subtle!
I stamped a few trees with Versamark and then gently applied pastels to the ink. The sky was done without any ink, but merely rubbed with a little colour. I then removed the moon mask and stamped some more trees with Versamark adding a slightly darker shade. After stamping off the edges  of the panel with Peeled Paint Distress Ink, I then removed all the masks and stamped one tree in the foreground, adding the sentiment from Memory Box.
Look what the postman brought today!
My first long suffering Cuttlebug has cracked in several vital places, it almost exploded at one time and the handle keeps coming off , so before it gave up the ghost completely I treated myself to another. I couldn't bear the thought of being without one even though I have an EBosser.(It doesn't go backwards like the new versions do apparently). I need that feature to be able to adapt dies to different lengths. So here's my new baby.
I got 15% off from Hobbycraft by joining their craft club or something like that!
Happy Days!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! The scene is so peaceful am
    Nod serene. You have quite a talent. Thanks so much for joining us a AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, I feel privileged to view it. Thank you so much for playing with AAA Cards. Cheerio, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantasic card, you proved less moon is more! great card, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Chrissie. Love the soft subtle colours of your masked area with the moon. And your trees are so beautiful. Amazing design! Have fun with your new Cuttlebug! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Chrissie! So thrilled to see your beautiful card in our gallery this week!
    Thanks for playing along at AAA cards!

    (enjoy the new baby !)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful scene, Chrissie. Yay! for a new Cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that subtle moon - so pretty between the trees!

    I can relate - my Big Shot broke and DH had to remove EVERY screw to get my plates and die out of it! I got a replacement [on sale] at Overstock with free shipping! cha ching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your moonlit forest is breathtaking, Chrissie! It's no wonder you were the winner over at AAA Cards! Congratulations!! Have loads of fun with your new Bug!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous scene Chrissie that tree at the front looks so real I wanted to touch it! Love your new cuttlebug it looks so stylish :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Chrissie. I have the ebosser but can't part with my Big Shot & Calibur lol xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your scene and subtle moon. Have fun with your new toy. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card Chrissie, it's a great wintery scene. Have fun with your new Cuttlebug.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie