Saturday 20 September 2014

Face the Music and Dance

The title of this week's challenge at "Less is More" takes me back to Sunday afternoons when I was a kid watching movies with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers... I loved them. Such elegance!
Anyway, enough of that, the challenge is to have a card with some reference to music or dancing!
I love this little bird from A Day for Daisies, with his bit of music on his wing and tummy. I coloured him with Mirage pens and cut his mount from a Dienamic pierced circle die. The sentiment is computer generated in Sunshine Poppy font.

This is a Technique Tuesday image stamped in Antique Linen Distress Ink and watercoloured  also with Distress Inks. I overstamped it with SU Gorgeous Grunge dots. The manuscript in the background panel is from Artemio and the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp.

Here isa gorgeous Quentin Blake image from Docrafts. Wily Wonka really looks as though he's dancing to me.
The sentiment is computer generated.
I am in Guernsey for a week's holiday. We have never been here before and have been looking forward to it enormously. I'll let you know all about it when I get back!

22 comments:

  1. Superb crisp classy and ultra CAS cards Chrissie. I do love the Willy Wonker one particularly it's so realistic. Have fun holiday. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Chrissie :-) all of them are gorgeous and I love all the pierced dies you used too, they give a lovely simple border,,, must get me some :-)

    Hope you have a fabulous holiday :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooky!! Last night I watched Swingtime with Fred and Ginger, so I can totally relate to your beautiful CAS cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous selection! As a school librarian that Quentin Blake image has rather captured my heart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your cards. The colors you used on the bird are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards. i loved watching fred and ginger too... the white on white wonka dancing is georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Chrissie.
    Fantastic set of cards specially Wily Wonka, my family are fan of "Wily Wonka and the chocolate factory".
    Thank you for yours comments every week. I'm very busy life in this moment and it's no easy post and comment but i never forget LIM;D.

    A warm hug from Palma and have a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bird steals the show! Beautifully coloured. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. All cards are delightful. Every different, but just as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, Chrissie! I'd adore a holiday in Guernsey - you must have read the Potato Peel Pie novel, right? One of my all-time fave reads! Please take photos to share?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all three cards but especially Willy Wonka - it is just magical and reminds me of growing up ;0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those old song and dance films too Chrissie and enjoy sharing them with the younger members of the family. Your cards are wonderful as always! I particularly like the musical bird - so beautifully coloured too. Enjoy your trip! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Chrissie. I think I need to add that ADFD bird to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards Chrissie!! Especially love your watercoloring. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards once more Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Roald Dahl character and the stitched oval frame is super! Thanks for the inspiration - a great choice of theme this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards Chrissie - I love the Willy Wonka one, I think it's the sentiment that wins me over! Hope you enjoy your week in Guernsey and have a restful break.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card, I am a fan of Quentin Blakes illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cards Chrissie, that bird is amazing you coloured him beautifully :D x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your cards Chrissie !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE that bird and you're certainly getting a tune out of those Mirage pens!
    Terrific musical trio
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie