Saturday 13 September 2014

Beverages

It's time for another one layer challenge at Less is More and the theme this week is 
Beverages.
I have made a few cards this week and here they are.
I saw these sentiments attached to this Art Impression image online somewhere and they really amused me. I also love these girls, they really look as though they know how to party!
Whilst I was waiting for this stamp to arrive, I wondered if I had any other image which would work in the same way and I came up with this one.
I stamped the image onto a piece of copy paper, then using Microsoft Word set to 105% which makes the screen size match with an actual A4 sheet, I drew the callouts and added the sentiments.
To get the position of them lining up with the image, I held the paper over the screen and moved the direction and orientation of the callouts appropriately. I printed the card and then stamped the image using a stamp positioner to get it placed accurately.
When the AI Girlfriends stamp arrived I realised that the same arrangement of sentiments worked for this one too!
I love chickens!
Bugaboo and a computer generated sentiment.
This is another Art Impression stamp that I've had for some time, I love the sketchy nature of it. I don't remember the make of the sentiment.

This one has an old Stampin' Up image, heat embossed in silver. It says CLINK at the top. I thought that the snowy embossing folder from Sheena Douglass was rather redolent of champagne bubbles.
I feel as though there should be some cups of coffee to balance out all the hooch, but I've been struggling with a bad back this week and the thought of  a little of the glass that cheers seemed more appealing!

I'm sorry the pictures are dreadful, but I've tried a different arrangement in my craft room and haven't found the right spot for photos yet!

23 comments:

  1. Chrissie these are all so fun and AMAZING. Love those top 2 in particular with those superb sentiment callouts. Not a single tea or coffee in sight.... Mine look utterly boring in comparison! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lot of super fun images! Adore the chickens, they really are rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine selection of beverages, Chrissie but it is a bit early for me! Love these fun images - they have bags of character :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have enough drinks here for a whole party - great sentiments too. I'm off to put the kettle on - feeling a bit tipsy just reading this - need coffee! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superfun stamps! Still smiling while typing this... Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant selection! Great cards and a really fun theme, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all fun! lI do love your chickens too, and the martini card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fun cards!
    Hope you get your back sorted.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie
    Fabulous cards.... Love the Martini Glass.... The Sentiment is Rubber Necker.....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your group of ladies is so fun and colored fabulously! Same for the chickens!

    I love the idea of how you used WP to line up, but don't quite get it. I'm going to work on that~

    ReplyDelete
  11. love them all but the chickens card rocked it for me! Great idea
    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know which is more hilarious, the ladies or the chickens. Both fab in their coloring. Love the martini glass and the "snow" on the other one works well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those drinking cards are so funny, so fun to use the speech bubbles on chickens!
    Love the drinking cook, worked with a pastry chef in Switzerland who would have said the same thing(he had a red nose too).
    love the impression glass card so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun selection of cards. I like the embossing folder not seen that before.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these cards Chrissie - and am in awe of your ingenious method of lining up your sentiments on Word! Sometimes we just have to use common sense to make the most of our great technical tools! Thanks so much for sharing this fab tip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing selection of cards Chrissie! I love the sentiments on the first and second cards - I hadn't seen them before and must make a note of them! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW So many brilliant and funny cards, you have enjoyed this challenge Chrissie LOL, Me too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all great and fun cards, making me laugh and you sure do have stamps for this kind of occasions :).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning - love ALL of your cards but specially like the chick one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fab selection of cards Chrissie - showcasing the very best of tipples! My favourite has to be those chickens - they are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Chrissie,
    I love that snowy effect embossing folder you have used. I have done several different searches and just cannot find it so wondered if you have an exact name for it? You said it's a Sheena Douglass folder... is it an older one, maybe discontinued? Now I'm starting to obsess about getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sorry I'm so late coming to comment on these, Chrissie, especially since each one seems to have me written all over it!! I've kept this in my reader and keep scrolling through it when I get a minute, but never long enough to actually come by. Now I've bookmarked the whole post for all the wonderful drinkie-poo inspiration you've given me!! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie