Monday 31 August 2009

365 Cards Movie Monday Pretty in Pink


I haven't actually heard of this movie and so I just went with the colour and the type of dress that came to mind when I looked at the DVD cover illustrations.
I had a slight accident with the card as it fell into my wastebin unnoticed where it came into contact with a dirty babywipe which also had a lot of Stazon Stamp Cleaner and black ink on it, resulting in a dirty great blotch on the fold of the card. So I cut off the front and remounted it, I think it's OK now.
I handstamped the background paper with gold paisley and black random dots and overstamped the image with the dots too. I hand tore the edges and inked them with gold.
I love this dress stamp which I believe is Inkadinkado. I have two of them, a large wood mounted one and this smaller clear one which is part of a set which the sentiment also comes from.
Apologies for the dreadful photo, it has drained most of the vibrant pink out of the picture, but it's that time of day when I have to go out with my little easel and take a picture in the front garden to get any light at all!

15 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card, lovely colours and image

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! Love the sparkly dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 lovely and very different cards from you. This one doesn't look like it's been involved with an accident with a baby wipe, at least it only had black ink on it, in my house it would have been so much worse!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I love that dress stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely Chrissie! Nice save from the black smudge... I think we've all had accidents like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card regardless of the light Chrissie.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. And another! I love what you have done with this. Very creative! But, it made me smile to think that you have mishappens too and that I'm not alone. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is Inkadinkado Chrissie, by Dawn Houser, one of my fave ever designers...I have *cough* most of her images..this fab dress being one of my most used. Love your card - so much detail to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I have that dress, and didn't even think about using it!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great choice with that wonderful dress and colors, Chrissie. I love to click on for a bigger pictures because your details always carry the day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie, Love your card today although I love your card everyday. Can't believe you have not seen "Pretty in Pink" definitely a must see movie just like "the breakfast club". Although Calamity Jane is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For never hearing of the movie, you did FAB!! It's one of my most favorite movies!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card Chrissie...I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie