Sunday 16 August 2009

Stamp Something - Something from Summer Vacation


This is my contribution for Stamp Something's Challenge this week.
We haven't been away from home this summer, but on the odd beautiful day that we've had, we've walked down by the beach. We live very near to the sea on the south coast. There are several places where beach huts line the shore and it's great to see families enjoying days together in the fresh sea air.
I used a Cuttlebug die to make the huts, but cut off the chimney and re-shaped the roof of each one. I used a different Core'dinations colour for each and then embossed them with the Cuttlebug stripy folder (I'm not sure what it's called).
The tag is a MSE stamp which predominantly reads 'By The Sea' with seaside associated words as a background. The sea has been embossed with the Cuttlebug script embossing folder. The sentiment stamp is from Hobby Art.

10 comments:

  1. Hi, hopping thru' blogland and just discovered your blog. Had a scroll down and your cards are beautiful. I love these beach huts (mm wish I was on a beach right now!)

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card really makes you feel like you are by the sea - lovely.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful card. The colours are perfect for a summer feel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always fancied living by the sea and being the lucky owner of a beach hut.

    Lovely card Chrissie, I can almost hear the seagulls ........aaand relax

    Victoria
    x

    ps glad you found your mojo too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie I love this summery card. How fortunate you are living so close to the beach. Nothing so therapeutic as walking on the beach.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the naive look to this card, and you have given me an idea for my own entry :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really get the bechie feeling with this card, love it! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Chrissie, I love every single part of it. Brilliant!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. just beautiful. love how you created the water. great texture, here too. thanks for playing along with us at stamp something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! the embossed water is fabulous!! thanks for joining us at stamp something!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie