Saturday 20 June 2009

Thinking of you


I started to make a card for a friend's mother's 75th birthday and thought I would try to use the sketch from one challenge and the colours from another.
Stamp Something's theme this week is black & white + 1 other colour. I chose this shade of lilac and white, but when putting them with the black, it looked more like a sympathy card than a birthday card, so that's what I made instead. I used the sketch from Friday Sketchers and added the sentiment 'Thinking of you' .
The papers are Pink Petticoat and the image is from Penny Black. The sentiment is Papermania.
The flower has been paper-pieced and a little Spray and Sparkle added to the main image.
Chrissie

8 comments:

  1. So cute card! Lovely image end color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh really precious and so beautiful.
    thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and your work to my sketch.
    have a nice weekend. hugs, bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with the pp and a great choice of sketch! I am in need of some mojo...that sketch just might be exactly what I need. Thanks for the inspiration, Chrissie.

    Pretty card, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, so calming to look at and a flower/stripe combination always wins with me :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! I love the colors and the stripes paired with the flowers is a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great details in your card - I love paper piecing and how you brought those same flowers behind the main image. The color scheme is great too (I'll have to remember that one!)

    Thanks for playing along with the Friday Sketchers challenge, I'm so happy to be the sponsor this week and love visiting everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Wonderful flower accents! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie