Tuesday 5 July 2022

Ahoy!




Recently I was fortunate enough to win a challenge at CASology and was subsequently invited to be a Guest Designer and now is the time for that to happen!

The challenge is WINDY


My very first thought was of a stamp that I have of a boy with a kite, but despite taking it off the wood block, I still couldn't get a clear image of every part of the stamp, so out came this old SU stamp... also on a block, but it worked rather better. I also found the little quote  stamp in a set I had with no name printed on the carrier sheet (I hate that). I remember that I bought it on one trip to Ally Pally. 
I had a fancy for doing one of these flat knots as an embellishment, I always think they look rather nautical and they also lie pretty flat for mailing. I think I may have to try to do a video to show how they are done.  
Here is the video


The twine I selected to use was somewhat off white and looked dreadful against white cardstock, so I opted for this ivory hopsack textured card from Papermill Direct.
My son loves sailing... I have used this image a few times for cards for him!

 


8 comments:

  1. So very elegant. Love that Celtic knot too and would enjoy a video on "how to"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and I love the gorgeous knot! Fabulous contribution to the design team this month, Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your design for "Windy", Chrissie. I have this same boat and have not used it for a while, but one of my favourite boat images. It's perfect done in neutral shades. Love the knot you've made ... a video would be great! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chrissie: I'm blown away by your card and that sailor's knot, what a beauty!!!!!! Thank you for sharing the video, it's so helpful in creating this knot, I've already made one and I love it.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the easy to follow video tying the knot. Great idea to color one half of the twine, makes it much clearer to see what each step is. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie sorry so late in commenting on this amazing card. I am always in awe at how you are able to get so much detail into a CAS card! Wow to the knot and I like the flowing image of the sail boat and that textured paper is perfect. So good to see you as GD at CASology and thank you for always supporting us x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and wonderful video! Thanks, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this card and the tutorial too! I have always wanted to make this kind of knot and your directions are clear and fabulous! Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie