Monday 11 October 2021

The holly and the Ivy


Today I had a go working with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

I began by die-cutting the front panel with a stitched rectangle die from SSS, which I have to elongate a little to accommodate British card sizes. then I took two of the dies I have which make a frame and cut two normally and then cut another piece with the shorter one, shortening it even more to make the smallest stripe.
Next a couple of simple die cuts in deep, deep green and white for the holly and the ivy and then a tiny tag with an added star. Actually I think that the star is the centre of a flower from one of my wreath dies. The sentiment was computer generated in Are you serious font.
Today we were without power for a while, whilst our gas and electricity meters were changed. They will now apparently read themselves and the small smart display will scare us with how much power we are using during the day!
Hey Ho Progress!


 

3 comments:

  1. You must have a lot of patience to elongate your die cuts and get the size spot on. I have never mastered that and if I am using American products I just make A2 sized cards, so I really admire you for that. This card is fabulous, I love that dark green against the white and the little tag detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous! So very striking yet peaceful, if that makes sense. And your creativity with the die-cutting is very impressive! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely. The white on white is so peaceful and the colorful ivy is a perfect complement. And I admire your patience adjusting the dies - that's extra credit for you! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie