Saturday 4 September 2021

Happy Christmas

I recently got a shipment from Creative-Depot in Germany, which included this thing which looks like a die but is in fact an embossing gizmo. It made the snowflake impressions for the backdrop to this card. The pass for the second impression flattened the first impression, so I ran the piece of card through the machine again without the 'die', to get both impressions looking similar!
I made this card for the challenge at CAS Christmas which this time is calling for plaid! 


This particular piece is from Pink Petticoat, called Little Check. I'm  not sure if they are still in business, but their printable papers suit me as they are monochromatic and snippets fit well into the CAS genre. I made a tag from a couple of star dies, adding an eyelet, something I haven't used for years and had to look up how to use my Crop O dile on the internet. I added a little gold twine and wasn't quite sure how to stop the ends of it from fraying, so I just dipped them in a little white school glue and let them dry. I guess time will tell whether or not that will work!
ABC Christmas T for Two (Snowflake impressions)
Merry Little Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
Just Us Girls - 6 of Anything  (5 white stars + 1 plaid star.
Also 6 Pearls




 

17 comments:

  1. Chrissie your cards are just outstanding! This one is fabulous love your use of 6. Thanks for joining in at JUGS 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness I've finally found time to catch up on some visiting! Gorgeous card, Chrissie, the plaid inside the heart looks adorable, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie... Love the elegance of this card! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls for our 600th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layered star with the plaid in the aperture! The little stars surrounding it and the embossed snowflakes add wonderful interest and dimension while letting the plaid take center stage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an elegant card Chrissie, love the pop of red plaid and the touch of gold, beautiful CAS creation, thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable layered star with the plaid window, Chrissie! Spotted this beauty at CAS Christmas and had to pop over. Love the embossed background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Chrissie, so perfectly elegant and CAS perfection XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Chrissie you always come up with something unique and superbly CAS! Stunning! Btw Pink Petticoat became The Lovely Studio, but It seems to have folded too:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chrissie, this is a fabulous card. I laughed at your comment about looking up how to use the crop o dile, that would totally be me. LOL! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas with this awesome Christmas card with a little paid in the center, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a sweet card, Chrissie! I love how you placed the plaid pattern on the inner star and how the tiny stars and pearls bring the eye toward your focal point! CAS perfection, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Chrissie. I like how you doubly impressed to get the crisp image. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning CAS design, Chrissie, this card is so elegant! I love all the white space and the dainty texture and dimension you added. Thanks so much for joining us at this 600th challenge celebration at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet! LOVE your plaid star ornament, Chrissie. It's totally adorable. So cool with the stitched embossing in the background. And I love the pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous CAS design Chrissie - love the plaid inside your star, the beautiful subtle embossing in the background and the texture added with the pearls and stars! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super elegant card. I love it. Are the stars die cut then stuck on? They actually look as though they are embossed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie