Tuesday 10 November 2020

Guest Designer at CASology


Designed Defined : Lots of white space and monochromatic colour palette.

Recently I was lucky enough to have been selected as the winner in a challenge at CASology and Melissa invited me to be a Guest Designer for their new challenge with the code word STAG!


I have various dies and some stamps which I could have used for this project, but decided to use my Silhouette Portrait for the task in hand. I wanted quite a small image so that I could have a reasonable amount of white space on my card. I found a copyright free image on the internet and dropped it into my Silhouette software, traced the part I wanted and cut it from black card. I made it the size to fit my MFT Peek a Boo window die and backed it with some mountain silhouettes in a couple of shades of grey. The final part was a white snowy embossed sky.
I did make a schoolgirl error in adding the front panel to the card with dimensional pads  before stamping the sentiment, but with the help of my stamping platform and several attempts I finally got a reasonable impression... otherwise it would have involved ripping of the front and cutting a new one!
I would like to thank all the designers and creators at CASology for all their inspiration... it's one of my favourite 'go to' challenges, do keep up the good work and stay safe in these difficult times!


 

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome Chrissie! Thanks for joining us on CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your guest designer spot and this card is simply stunning, very well done. So glad to hear that someone else makes the same mistakes that I do - well rescued xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your GDT, Chrissie! Love your card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layers, details and textures in this stunning little scene, Chrissie! It's fabulous having you guest design with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. suh depth in this Chrissie-the hills shaded in the colours gives us this I think. Also wonderful texture. Super to have you as Gd X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW Chrissie! I love the simplicity of the monochrome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie