Monday 24 August 2020

5 o'clock

I hate this new fangled design section of Blogger!
Whereas previously I could simply click on the icon to centre the text  for example, I now have to go searching through drop down menus to find it. It's enough to make me wonder if I should switch to Wordpress or simply stop blogging!
Anyway rant over, here is a simple one layer card for the challenge at AAA Cards
 
During lockdown, our hobby, as pictured on my card has become a favourite. We certainly seem to have enjoyed many cocktails and have been keeping the wine merchants in business!
I simply made a sentiment on the computer, using a small stamped image on translucent paper to see where I wanted to place it, I held it in front of the computer screen, to check that the words were where I wanted them. Once printed, I used my old faithful, homemade stampamajig (using a right angled stack of Duplo) to position the old wooden Stampin' Up stamp. I guess I could take all my stamps off their wooden blocks to use in a stamping platform, but the Lego and a piece of acetate work just as well!
I coloured the image with water colour pencils, blended with a tiny amount of water and glazed with some Nuvo Crystal Glaze when it was dry. I added just a hint of shadow with a grey pencil!

 

7 comments:

  1. I think most of us don't care for the changes to blogger - such a shame the powers behind the changes aren't listening! I assume you've given them the benefit of your wisdom

    Your card is super lush Chrissie ... and so very true!! Chin chin!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like the new blogger so just reverted back to the old one. I'm too old to learn new pc tricks lol. Fab card Chrissie, says it all.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm lockdown has a lot to answer for in my house too! Super CAS card Chrissie and well done for persevering with blogger, think it's got us all screaming! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I'm with you on Blogger! One of my other issue is having to delete all the 'sex bot' comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read something that said "forget 5 o'clock... it's 2020 everywhere" LOL! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and honestly, Wordpress is worse than this new Blogger. I have to use Wordpress for another design team I'm on and I'm constantly messing up (and this is a year later!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie