Wednesday 12 September 2018

Bravo



Some weeks ago I took my gorgeous granddaughter Daisy for her tap exam.
I watched the pre-exam practice and was really impressed with how well she was dancing in her set of 4 girls. The icing on the cake came when she returned to her dance school after the summer break to be told that she had gained a distinction in her exam.
This is the card I made to congratulate her.
The image was downloaded from the internet and the sentiment made from a die from Cutplorations, cut in three layers with her name added using the computer. The peekaboo frame was from a die by MFT. The front panel was cut with a stitched square die also from MFT, but extended a little to fit the front of my card.
Bravo daisy!
It's for the CAS challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More

Here's that sketchy elephant  from Stampers Anonymous again. This time I paired it with a simple die cut Birthday sentiment from Papertrey Ink. Sadly I don't remember the make of the 'wish' die. 
Just us Girls is asking for Hand Drawn elements, so this was hand drawn... albeit not by me!
I did think about using a stamp which I drew and which was on the front of Craft Stamper Magazine as their 'FREE' stamp, but I feel it's a little passe now!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your sweet Daisy in passing her exam with distinction; your love for her makes my heart smile. I feel the same way about my niece (who is just starting tap this year, to go along with ballet and jazz) and nephew (he's our hockey boy). I know she adores her card, as do I.
    Your sketchy elephant card - fresh and crisp in black and white - is awesome! Perfect for the challenge. As for your hand-drawn 'free' stamp...how impressive to be 'published'. I think you created a timeless design...I visualize a pretty background using this..
    Thank you for sharing your amazing creativity in the JUGS gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply sensational elephant stamp. Love it! Fabulous cas card and perfect for this weeks hand drawn element at Just Us girls. Thanks so much for sharing this amazing card Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Chrissie! Thank you for sharing the photo of your talented and gorgeous granddaughter Daisy! She will treasure your thoughtful card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing cards and congratulations to your sweet granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie