Tuesday 20 February 2018

Sea Birds


Whilst linking up my cat card to Addicted to CAS, I saw the winners for their Teal challenge and thought I'd have a go at using that colour too!
Here I used a  stamp from the Rubber Stamp Gallery and tried to remember how I did the masking for this image the last time I used it. My masking fluid had sadly passed its sell by date and was totally gloopy, so that was out of the question, I started to cut a mask from paper, but that was too labour intensive and fiddly... when finally I remembered that I had some Elmer's rubber cement, which fortunately was still usable! I dabbed a little over the sea birds and allowed it to dry. The white dots in the water were made with an embossing pen and some clear embossing powder. I used Distress ink over the lot in Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon using sponge daubers. I used a little more of these colours with a splodge stamp.
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.
I'm linking this card the Addicted to Stamps and More where the challenge is Clean and Simple.
Clean and Simple on Friday .. Use a Die. I used the border die, but can't remember the manufacturer.

I made this card for a friend who requested a card for his relative who has dealings with Chai tea. I'm not exactly sure in what capacity this is but I hope this card will do. I downloaded this Font, called Samarkand,  from the internet hoping that it would look in keeping with the type of tea.
The cup image is from Stampin' Up.
I'm linking it to the challenge at Seize the birthday where the challenge is Coffee or Tea!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Chrissie. Especially the sea bird with the water colours, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards...love your sweet birds, gorgeous water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous pair of cards Chrissie and I love your masking technique on the first one. The colours are so beautiful!
    I'm sorry I didn't get to see you again at the HLS retreat - but maybe next time.
    Hugs from Carol and thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your cards! The colors on the first one with those birds make sme wish I was at the ocean. And that tea card - well, I'm a chai tea fanatic so this card really speaks to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous CAS creations, Chrissie! I love the simple bird images and coloring on the first, and how wonderful you were able to customize the tea card for you friend. Perfect for our challenge this week, too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie