Saturday 21 November 2015

Numbers

The challenge at Less is More this week has the theme 
NUMBERS
I have only had time for a couple this week as I had to pop down to Bath to look after my grandchildren briefly whilst my daughter had some minor surgery. I'm happy to report that all is well and she is recovering well. She had a rather enormous stone in a salivary gland which had to be removed!

Here I used a number background stamp from Kaisercraft, which I stamped and clear embossed before inking with 3 shades of Distress ink. The sentiment, a die cut  from Winnie and Walter is triple layered and mounted over a stitched tag die.
This is a card for my brother who will be 80 next week.. I can't believe it really, I don't know how we got to be so old! (He is 10 years older than I am mind) He's a real DIY freak hence the reason for all the die cuts! I pieced most of the items with a mix of white, silver and woodgrain card.

We have a concert with our choir this evening, which should be good fun and tomorrow we'll be out to lunch to celebrate our son's MIL's birthday! 

Have a good week everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Two stunning cards! I love the coloured panel on the top one and the matching sentiment. What a great selection of die cuts on the second card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. two fabulous cards, like them both, love the first one (cheers)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours and tecnique on the first card is gorgeous. Love the tag just popped in behind. Your brother is going to like his card as it's masculine and fun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to know the brand of dies you used for the card with all the tools. I have some Memory Box tool dies, but they do not include the paint can and paint brush that is so fitting for my husband. :) :) I tried an Internet search, but nothing came up like your dies so thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance for any info. (cocrafter at gmail dot com)

    Love your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 fab cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one stunning background stamp Chrissie and so gorgeous in those colours!
    Love the personalised one you, I'm sure your brother will be impressed. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one stunning background stamp Chrissie and so gorgeous in those colours!
    Love the personalised one you, I'm sure your brother will be impressed. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allways good to be there for the daughter andgranchildren and I hope you had a good time with them! Your first card is a stunning one; love the colours and the diecut looks beautiful this way! Great card for a handy DIY-brother! Enjoy all the time you can togetherl it is so special! Have a colourfull week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards Chrissie. Your masculine card with the tools is awesome. I'm sure your brother will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Chrissie, thank you for your comment.
    Fantastic cards, as always, the card for you handyman brother is so clever and funny, all in one man;)
    A warm hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fab cards, Chrissie. Loving that background stamp, particularly in those shades. And what a fab guy card for your brother, never easy to achieve but you've succeeded! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two super cards Chrissie, the DIY effort is fun , remember you buying those dies! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie