Friday 6 May 2022

Get well soon


I do enjoy working from a good sketch and this one by Cecile is from Freshly Made Sketches.

I stamped the background using a stamp from Stamplorations, and used less ink and the secondary stamping to make the colours lighter nearer to the top. I still thought that the colours were a littl too intense so I tore a piece of vellum and added it over the top of the stamping.
The gently coloured die cuts are by Gummiapan and the sentiment by Poppy Stamps.
Daisies in a vase for a get well card always reminds me of You've Got Mail... one of my all time favourite films!



 

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Chrissie. I've just been looking at this sketch myself. I rarely use sketches, but my cards are so flat and dull just lately that I need something to try and give them some oomph! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how vellum always saves the day! It adds some great texture behind the vase. I love this! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ombre look of the background stamping and adding the vellum like this is an inspired idea. And what a sweet little vase of flowers, perfect for a 'get well card'. Thanks for joining us at CASoogy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, I love the muted colours and that amazing die. Beautifully put together, as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful vase of daisies, Chrissie. Agree ... You've Got Mail inspired card. :) I can't tell you how many times I have watched that film! :) I love your swipes of colour in the background. How clever to add a little vellum to mute the colours a bit. Always learning tips from you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This daisy bouquet is absolutely lovely and I love how you created the background with the piece of vellum over the color patches.. Thanks so much for joining in at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie