Friday 14 May 2021

Birthday Mermaid

Here is a little card I made with dies that I have had for ages but never got around to using! They are by Alexandra Renke. I began by stamping the dots in Soft Slate ink using a really favourite old set from SU called Gorgeous Grunge. I inked the coral/weed with some Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink using a soft blending brush.
I dug out these dies for the challenge at AAA Cards
For a challenge such as this I would tend to go for a unicorn  or the like but then I remembered the little mermaid. I think my only other encounter with a mermaid was seeing the one sitting on a rock in the harbour in Copenhagen!
I think I used about a third of the surface area for this card so hopefully it will be acceptable.

My second card today is for the challenge at CAS on Friday
FOOD
Among my dies, I found two different tops for a cup cake and one base... I'm not sure which topper goes with the bottom, but in fact I did use both. I rather liked the zig zag top of the cake case, but if I let any of it show, it would have looked as thought icing was floating, so I cut down one of the toppers to act as the cake peeking between the the icing and the case. Although cut from kraft card, I did add a little Distress ink to add definition to the case. The icing was sprinkled with Glamour Dust. Just looking at the die I used, I think it may actually be an ice cream, but if it is I don't know where the cone is. I think it looks OK here though! Needless to say I don't remember the make of the dies, I do remember that the original cup cake dies were a gift from a fellow team member when I was running Less is More! Thanks again Susan!



 

1 comment:

  1. How gorgeous is you mermaid entwined amongst the pretty pink seaweed! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie