Sunday 10 January 2021

Thank you

At this time of year there are often lots of thank you cards needed in appreciation of gifts from friends  and family. As a child I was brought up to always remember that special thank you. Often the giving gives as much pleasure as receiving. For the latter to be acknowledged makes it all that bit more special!
This simple card was made with two particular challenges in mind.
...with a layout from the sketch at

CASe this sketch

This Memory Box  butterfly die is new to me, I think it's a little different the usual ones in my stash and I rather like it! I coloured it with a few Distress Oxide inks and added a few white splatters of Dr Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White. I think that my technique for adding this medium in splatters needs a little refining!
The dry embossing is from a Cuttlebug border EF.
Hopefully we should be getting the Covid vaccine reasonably soon as we are in the 75 years +  category. I think that until everyone had been vaccinated then problems with the virus will continue!
DO stay safe everyone!

8 comments:

  1. So pretty and such a fresh card Chrissie.
    Vaccine appears to be very much a bit of a lottery - my M-I-L is 80plus and is very vulnerable, been shielding since last March and no sign of an appointment for her yet, even though she has been told she is high on the list. Others in different parts of the country appear to have had at least their first and some even their second! Hope you get yours soon - current calculations show June for my first for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a genius idea to use splatters on your butterfly, they certainly add interest and make it quite unique. I love the blue on white textured card with the embossing behind. Very stylish. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the loviest blue butterfly and a great start-off sketch to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to have a few thank you cards on hand in order to acknowledge a person's kindness. You've used the loveliest butterfly, delicately sculpted and shaded, and the white splatters make all the difference. Cute embossed border, too. Thank you for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your splattered butterfly looks awesome, Chrissie, and so pretty on the embossed strip! I agree with you about sending thank you cards. It seems to be a dying art. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely, Chrissie! Thanks for sending this beautiful blue butterfly our way, and for playing along as we say goodbye to CTS!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card design Chrissie. LOVE your gorgeous and colours butterfly with splatters. Looks so perfectly at home over top of the pretty floral embossing. Happy New Year to you! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Chrissie. I love the bright blue you’ve used. Hope you’re keeping safe and well.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie