Monday 26 September 2011

Little robin


I was looking through my stamps this morning and came across this little leaf stamp from Paper Artsy! I know it's intended to be able to be used as a bird too, but I thought that it was perfect for a robin. I inked it with Distress inks in Barn Door and Vintage Photo  and swiped the two lower square mounts with Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany inks respectively. Sadly the deep red of the Aged mahogany doesn't show too clearly on this picture.
The sentiment is part of a stamp from Papermania, stamped with SU Soft Suede. I really don't care for stamping sentiments using Distress Inks as they tend to bleed a little.
The robin was completed with a couple of strokes with a Copic pen for legs and a small black gem for his eye.
CASual Fridays -  Monochrome + brown.

23 comments:

  1. Oh I do love this one Chrissie that image is stunning with the pattern on
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous little robin\!
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Chrissie and the distressed sentiment goes perfectly with the distressed robin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fabulous little stamp. Love what you`ve done with it.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a real thing about robins - and this is the cutest one ever! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how adorable Chrissie, I love the patterning on him too. I never have any joy stamping with DI...I just use them for distressing and inking techniques!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative to turn a leaf into such a sweet little bird! He looks darling as a robin :) Beautiful card, thank you for having some fun with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I say how splendid your leaf looks as a robin too!

    Happy Monday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - what a great idea. I need to look at my stamps in a different way now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little bird and so perfect for this Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little bird and so perfect for this Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, I love this card, very clever to make it into a robin, looks perfect. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that little stamp is so neat! I love that it can be used as a leaf and as a bird. This reminds me of The Partridge Family, a show from the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little bird Chrissie! Cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Love it what a fab use... it works perfectly xx
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect little robin Chrissie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous robin Chrissie. I agree about DI's and always use Versafine for stamping sentiments if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card - he is such a cute little robin

    ReplyDelete
  19. This little bird stamp is FAB, it makes a super robin and a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really funky robin, would never have guessed it was a leaf. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. ACK!!! This is so gorgeous, Chrissie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sweet little robin, great card too, I love the colours :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie