Monday 16 March 2020

Leafy Birthday


I don't seem to have had lots of inspiration lately, but finally I've produced a card which I think is OK.  I used a die by Alexandra Renke cut from a piece of card which had a print of some smooshing, using Inka Gold and Aquatint inks. I couldn't find one tiny piece of leaf when doing the inlay and  so decided to leave another piece out to make it look intentional! Behind the aperture is a download of some newsprint. The sentiment is from Avery Elle.
It looks like we may be 'confined to barracks' for 4 months as we are both over 70. Fortunately I have crafting to fill my time and hopefully the weather will improve so that we can spend some time in the garden. I hope that the supermarkets will have sufficient grocery delivery slots for everyone!
Here are the challenges which I am linking this card to.







Use Some Green
Stay Well Everyone!

10 comments:

  1. So pretty Chrissie! I love the CAS card with the touch of green. Makes a wonderful birthday card or any other occasion. I sure appreciate that you shared it with us at Seize the Birthday.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Chrissie.
    Listening to the radio today I am amazed at how many people are being bolshy over being asked to be sensible and not spread this awful virus. Phrases like 'I walk 5 miles a day and am as fit as a fiddle at 76/78/82 etc etc there's no way I'm going to be locked up in my house for 4 months' and the like are rife. I hope they carry Do Not Resuscitate cards with them so that if they catch it the life saving respirator can be used for someone who did follow the advice!!!
    Stay safe. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is great..elegant simplicity! Interesting to hear what countries other than the US are doing in response to the virus. In California, as of yesterday, if over 65 (sigh) governor says to stay home. Idiots have had a run at the grocery stores for not only toilet paper & hand sanitizer, but now food. So completely annoying. But we are the lucky ones as we have crafting to help keep us occupied!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card ~ the green leaf looks like a happy sign of spring ~ stay well & keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful green leaf! Love the layout with the peek-a-boo window framing the text. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so pleasing to the eye! restful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you hate when you lose a little piece of an inlaid die!?! You handled it wonderfully and it looks like that's what you intended all along! Such a pretty leaf die and the green looks lovely over the text. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful leaf with your text background Chrissie! I loose those little pieces all the time. I admire how you just went with it and left out another, gives the leaf lots of interest. Great work! Thanks for sharing wtih us at CAS Watercolour! Being at home is not such a burden when you can spend time crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant and CAS too! Thrilled to have this gorgeous card in our gallery at Seize the Birthday! Please come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely CAS card Chrissie, love that you mislaid one die piece because the result is fabulous - thanks for sharing with CAS Watercolour, Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie