Tuesday 10 February 2015

Colour me Blue

A challenge which I don't believe that I have entered before is the Colour Me Challenge which this week has Night of Navy Monochrome as their choice.
This card has no stamping, but rather a lot of Cuttlebugging! Which at one point posed a bit of a problem as my fairly new, replacement Cuttlebug broke. The first of my updated model ones cracked and was replaced by Hobbycraft and this one lost a bolt and washer and had something rattling around inside it and consequently didn't work at all. Fortunately Hobbycraft replaced it yet again without any quibble. My old Cuttlebug came out of retirement briefly, I'm glad I didn't throw it away!
Anyway, the embossing on this card was from a Crafter's Companion Distress EF. The 'hello' die is from Technique Tuesday, the tag from Paper Smooches and the two little butterflies a new purchase from the Portsmouth Craft Show, made by All Occasion Dies.
This is simplicity itself. I was trying out my new Memory Box butterfly die, which I had been waiting for for quite some time, but which I managed to pick up from Oyster Stamps on Sunday at the show too.
The sentiment is SSS. The navy backdrop on this looks like black but it is in fact a really deep shade of blue.
As ever, I stuck double sided tape on the back of the card before cutting these delicate die-cuts.

OOps! I was too late to link this up... I should look more carefully in future!

4 comments:

  1. Well it was totally delightful anyway - and we've all done that ... made a card and then been too late to enter the challenge!!! Better luck next time!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 'oh so beautiful' cards Chrissie! It's a gorgeous embossed BG in the first card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear how many times have we all done that. Fab cards though and I`m pleased you`ve shared.
    I was thinking about you and your family today when I heard about that terrible accident in Bath.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 stunning cards, love the navy on ivory, and your new butterflies look gorgeous. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie